This is a 6 months agency contract role. This role will be based at Site (Tuas).
Overall Job Purpose:
Responsible to procure equipment and/or bulk materials for assigned projects. Ensure that project equipment and materials are purchased within budget, in accordance with all project specification requirements, and in accordance with required delivery schedules.
- Develops Bidders Lists for assigned RFQ packages, prepares RFQ specific commercial documents and issues RFQ to suppliers for bid. Coordinates clarification/revisions as required.
- Conducts Bid Opening and prepares Bid Ranking, and prepares bid clarification requests and issues to selected bidders and coordinates bidder clarification meetings
- Reviews Technical Evaluation and preliminary Commercial Evaluation with Project Team to select successful bidder and identify negotiation points; coordinates meetings and may lead commercial negotiations with selected bidder, and finalizes Commercial Evaluation and identifies Recommended Supplier.
- Develops Purchase Orders (POs) in conformance with standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Department Work Instruction (DWI’s), Ethical Code of Conduct and Quality System requirements and issues POs to suppliers.
- Arranges and conducts meetings with suppliers, negotiates and issues PO Change Orders and prepares weekly and monthly project procurement status reports to ensure effective internal and external communication.
- In the absence of a dedicated “Project Expediter”, also performs all expediting activities to ensure on-time delivery and to report delivery status of all equipment, materials, and vendor documentation for assigned orders.
- Investigates and responds to Accounting’s invoice queries, addresses invoice discrepancies with Suppliers; administers, negotiates and documents Back Charges with Suppliers.
- Investigates and responds to Document Control’s queries on Vendor documentation.
- Expedites PO close out forms from Suppliers.
- Arranges for site and/or offshore technical services required of suppliers.
- Participates in the Corrective Action process, works with suppliers to ensure that Corrective Action Request (CAR) responses are timely and results are satisfactory, and if necessary, administers and negotiates Warranty Claims with suppliers through claim resolution.
- Document Supplier Performance Evaluation based on the performance of suppliers for each of the various types of equipment, materials and services usually purchased for MODEC projects, and utilize the Supplier Performance Management System to provide timely feedback to suppliers.
- Minimum three years professional experience applying fundamental concepts, practices and procedures in purchasing or materials management for graduates or minimum five years of relevant working experience for diploma holders.
- Must have a basic understanding of procurement processes and preferably be familiar with assigned commodities and services.
- Diploma in engineering with relevant years of working experience or Degree in engineering, business administration, supply chain, operations or related field preferred.
- Well versed in using Microsoft Office tools, SAP and Documentum Software.
Modec is committed in creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected characteristics.