Overall Job Purpose
To perform single or multiple specific tasks in developing and maintaining a cost control plan for a designated section of assigned project(s) or less complex assignments, and prepare relevant reporting and analysis to effectively and efficiently communicate project cost status at regular intervals.
Under the supervision of Lead Cost Controller or a direct report of this position, collate and compile the necessary information to support timely cost data consolidation and reporting.
- Understand the requirements of the approved cost control procedures and ensure proper implementation in the course of work.
- Develop and maintain detailed cost control plans using Company tools and best industry practices.
- Set-up Cost Breakdown Structure and allocate budget, resources, and any other data required into the system.
- Derive and consolidate the commitments and actual costs for one or more portions of the scope of work.
- Review, analyze and update accurate forecasts for one or more portions of the scope work by using best industry practices.
- Track budget variances and challenge budget owners on any deviation from approved cost baseline.
- Generate and distribute internal cost report for part or the entire scope of work on a regular basis and as per Company standards.
- Reconcile project cost reporting with accounting and financial records.
- Review subcontractors’ invoices for accuracy and completeness and ensure that costs are allocated with the correct coding.
- Review Change Order requests and/or potential variations that impact project budget and forecasts, and maintain appropriate register.
- Establish appropriate coordination with other project functions to ensure compatibility with the Cost Control requirements and timely flow of the information.
- Contribute and participate to the Project Risk Management process by providing cost input and identifying potential budget and forecast impacts for risks’ occurrences.
Qualifications & Experience
- 2 years of cost engineering experience in Oil & Gas industry
- 5 years of cost engineering experience in other industries with understanding of technical knowledge of Oil & Gas process and FPSO projects
- Familiarity with project management processes