- Understands the instrumentation specifications and requirements of the assigned project and Industry Standard, Classification Society and Regulatory requirements. Assigned project scope may include Construction, Commissioning and Offshore – field engineering support also.
- Independently develop engineering specifications (instrument data sheets, specifications, drawings etc.) specific to the assigned project.
- Independently evaluates all the bids received for instrumentation & control packages from various suppliers, performs a technical bid evaluation process, involves in cost optimization, ensures selected vendors meet technical/engineering and delivery requirements as stipulated in the project specifications and gives assessment to the buyer who will follow up in the tender evaluation, price negotiation and award process.
- Conducts kick-off meetings with selected vendors to clarify issues and freeze the scope of the project, prepares and ensures the timely provision of accurate documents and specifications to the successful vendors to enable the later to execute their work and deliverables.
- Independently evaluates the instrumentation & control requirement for mechanical packages in Marine & Topside, contributes to technical bid evaluation process, ensures selected vendors meet technical/engineering and delivery requirements as stipulated in the project specifications.
- Independently develops solutions to technical/engineering and related problems by analyzing the issues/data, interpreting the analysis and evaluating various options/measures using experience, precedents and professional references.
- Review Sub-engineering detailed contractor document / drawing and ensure compliance to project specifications.
- Visits suppliers, checks and verify the function tests instrumentation & control items to ensure that they comply as per specifications. Where necessary, works with the suppliers/contractors concerned to rectify the technical issues & making sure that they comply with the specifications and are ready on time.
- Participates in meetings, reviews progress and addresses interface/implementation/execution issues, escalates where necessary to ensure that the project proceeds timely and smoothly.
- Provides technical/engineering support and advice to Construction/Commissioning work at site, trouble shoots and follows up to rectify the gaps or problems. Where necessary, provides off-site support and advice.
- Responsible for capturing lessons learned in his/her functional area, closing out project related Lesson Learned / HSE actions.
- Guides junior engineers .
- Degree in Instrumentation & Control / Electronics and/or related.
- Minimum 7 years and above of accumulative detailed I&C engineering experience in oil and gas projects.
- Experience in Offshore / FPSO project detailed engineering scope is essential for this role.
- AVEVA Instrumentation experience is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge in Project Engineering execution & Industry standards.
- Able to commerce work within short notice has added advantage.
Modec is committed in creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected characteristics.