We are currently based at Metropolis, Buona Vista, Singapore. This is a 1 year contract role, with possibility of extension.
- Lead negotiations and manage medium to high-risk contracts so as to enhance and protect the commercial interest of the company.
- Drafts internal approval sheet and obtains the various levels of approval for all contracts.
- Handles post-award subcontract management of up to high-risk contracts which includes drafting, reviewing and approving of subcontract notices, amendments, change requests and change orders, management of warranty claims and formalization of subcontract closeout.
- Posts client contract award and manages prequalification and Request For Quotations (RFQs) for up to high-risk contracts independently.
- Organizes and maintains logs and files (both in terms of a central database and hard copy filing systems) in a systematic manner to allow for easy access by other department personnel.
- Performs miscellaneous commercial / contracts tasks as assigned.
- Approx. 90% office work and 10% site work including business trips. Possible occasional visits to construction sites (onshore)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area such as Law or quantity surveying/Master’s qualification in a relevant subject such as construction law, business administration or economics will be of value. Law and contract law as part of academic studies is preferred.
- 15 years of commercial/contracts experience.
- Preferably with experience in the offshore oil & gas industry. – FPSO, shipyard, topside experience/A preference for upstream oil and gas experience working for owner and contractor organisations in a project delivery environment.
- Knowledge of the technical, contractual and commercial disciplines connected with engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) projects.
- General supervisory experience particularly in people management is essential.
- Candidates who have certification in either MRICS, MCIArb, SCL , CCMP or IACCM will be preferred.
Modec is committed in creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected characteristics.