Overall Job Purpose
To Perform the Lead role for more complex project document control activities with diligence. To supervise all related activities of the project DC team. To train new DC team members. Interfaces with Suppliers’ & Sub-contractors’ coordinator and Project Management team on project’s document deliverable requirements with integrity. To handle other system processes with full knowledge of client's project requirements.
- Oversee DC team receive, process, control and maintenance of Engineering and Supplier documents into the EDMS systems. Train DC Team to safeguard data reliability by verifying that data input is completed with integrity.
- Manage DC Team’s maintenance of records and files, create/revise forms and verify information as requested. Organize efficient paper and electronic filing system and quick retrieval of requested documents. Train DC team members on system process and documentation procedures.
- Create, run and distribute standard and customized periodic/summarize internal and external (Client and Suppliers) reports. Communicate and follow-up document control requirements to both Suppliers and Subcontractors.
- Update master document register on actual status from EDMS systems data and issue applicable document deliverables to Sub-contractors / Fabricators.
- Check & confirm that all documents are updated and filed in a timely manner to ensure that the organization has the latest copies of documents.
- Help to expedite vendor documentation deliverables. Issue vendor document status report per project requirements. Organize meeting with Suppliers' and subcontractors’ coordinator and/or DC team to resolve issues or non-conformance.
- Ensure Suppliers compliance with SDRL specification by participating in the Kickoff Meetings.
- Assign and distribute work among the Document Controllers in his/her team and administer an organized method to meet work completion target on time.
- Liase with Client’s DC team or coordinator as required or applicable for more complex project requirements.
- Update as necessary the document control procedures. Prepare and update project specific forms and templates.
Department’s representative in Company, Client and Regulatory audit related to Company and Project documentations.
- Participate with Assist the DC Supervisor in recruitment and training of Document Controllers within project team. Handle DC personnel performance review within the project team.
- Participate in Company, Class and Client audits.
- Lead / Supervise Document Controllers working in locations other than MODEC main office.
- Foster good teamwork among the team.
Job Challenges and Problem Solving
- Dealing tactfully as demands from engineering and project team occur due to delayed document submission and review.
- To administer training of new Document Controller/ project team members.
- To ensure that document processes and procedures are well adhered to.
- To direct and help project team to timely accomplish high volume of work processes during peak periods.
- To resolve complex non-conformance issues when Sub-contractor/Supplier is not complying to documentation requirements / SDRL specification. Only seek for DC Supervisor / DC Manager decision as needed.
- To administer updating of Project Master Document Deliverables actual status based on EDMS data if Project Management inputs does not consider the entire project documentation requirements.
- To create/prepare data reports required by the client per project basis and submit these reports regularly on time.
- To Lead and oversee two projects as the need arise.
- Mediate when issues or misunderstanding on work processes arise between DC's and engineering or project team.
Qualifications & Experience
- ITE / A level / Diploma / Degree holder
- Microsoft Office Training Certificate (Preferred)
- Document & Records Management Training certificate (Preferred)
- Document System Management Course Certificate (Preferred)
- Ability to develop spreadsheets and modify formats in order to independently complete assignments. Adept to create and analyze data reports.
- Capable to spearhead a team to complete task on time.
- Minimum 12 years DC experience in various areas of DC processes. Experience in leading a team of 3 or more staff.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) Documentum
- SharePoint Document Management Software – Documentum
- PIMS, EDMS (Preferred) & ASSAI(MUST)- System Requirement
- Knowledge Bluebeam software for editing
- Must be willing to work after office hours for Meeting with client in USA.
- Work closely with functional & project level